Before Intravenous Sedation
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery under IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with the prescribing doctor prior to your surgical date for instructions regarding the administering of the medication in prior to the actual surgery.
Contact Precision Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery online or by phone at Phoenix Office Phone Number (623) 518-2325.